Best BP Monitors in India: With a busy lifestyle and work pressures in the current generation, it is common to have blood pressure (BP), diabetes, and many lifestyle diseases. And also nowadays it is common to have BP for people of all ages, which is not only for older people but also for the adults. One cannot go to the hospital for checking BP every time.
So it is advisable to have a blood pressure machine for home use. This makes the work easier and also saves a lot of time for you and your family.
“BEST BP MONITOR AT HOME HELPS YOUR FAMILY TO STAY HEALTHY ALWAYS.”
Before purchasing the best BP monitor in India, one should have minimum knowledge of what BP is? What happens in our body to get changes in BP? How is it measured?
Blood Pressure: It is the pressure of the blood within the arteries which is produced primarily by the contraction of the heart muscle.
What Happens in our Body to get Changes in BP?
It is being measured with the help of two numbers. Those numbers are:
1. Systolic pressure: The pressure generated after the heart contracts is called Systolic pressure. During this time heart pumps blood to the rest of the body through arteries. This pressure is the highest one.
2. Diastolic pressure: The pressure exerted before the heart contracts are called Diastolic pressure. During this time heart remains in rest, fills with blood, and gets oxygen. This pressure is the lowest one.
Blood Pressure ranges you need to know are shown below. As it is important to know what does the figures or the readings of the best blood pressure machine in India which you purchase indicates.
Systolic pressure in numbers
Diastolic pressure in numbers
Blood Pressure Condition
|Less than 120||Less than 80||Normal|
|120-129||Less than 80||Elevated|
|130-139||80-89||High BP-Stage 1 of hypertension|
|More than 140||More than 90||High BP-Stage 2 of hypertension|
|Greater than 180||Greater than 120||A serious condition where you need to consult a doctor|
How is it Measured?
This is the most common thing which everyone knows because it is the first step nurse do when we visit the hospital. She/he wraps the cuff of the BP machine for the upper arm, uses a stethoscope to hear the flow of blood through the artery.
First, she/he inflates the cuff to a pressure higher than your systolic blood pressure, this makes your arm gets tightened and later she/he releases it. Later as the cuff deflates, the first sound she/he listens through the stethoscope is the systolic blood pressure which sounds like a whooshing noise. Then the number which is indicated in the machine is noted as Systolic pressure. The point where this noise goes away is marked as the diastolic blood pressure. They tell you figures as for example 120/80 which means
Systolic pressure = 120 and Diastolic pressure = 80
This is a huge task which can’t be done at home and the figures may not be that much accurate as it needed experience. Hence the technology has been used and the digital BP monitors came into existence which can be used by any common man at home.
As the Blood Pressure machines being used in a wide range by the people of India, there are many manufacturers producing these machines. Your knowledge and the way you choose make you but the best ones available in the market. So here we discuss in detail about
6 Best BP Monitor Reviews in India 2021
1. Omron HEM 7120 Blood Pressure Monitor
- The omron hem 7120 is a compact fully automatic blood pressure monitor operating on the oscillometric principle for precise measurements and accurate results. It measures your blood pressure and pulse rate with easy one touch operation
- Cuff Size - Fits Arm Circumference (22-32Cm) The device uses its advanced IntelliSense technology for comfortable controlled inflation without the need of pressure pre-setting or re-inflation even a slight pressure change can be detected resulting most accurate measurement
- Along with blood pressure monitoring this product detects irregular heartbeat. It is loaded with body movement indicator and blinks if your systolic or diastolic pressure is outside the standard range (above 135 systolic/85 diastolic mmHg)
- Omron hem-7120 comes with 3 years warranty and lifetime support provided by omron. This digital blood pressure monitor is guaranteed to meet your standards
First on our list is the Omron HEM 7120 Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor. Omron is a Japanese world leader in developing portable healthcare equipment. Built with the Intellisense Technology, the HEM 7120 promises highest accuracy for all of its measurements.
The BP monitor also comes with intellisense technology which actually aids in taking the BP reading with easy. It controls the inflation and deflation of the armband which is certainly required to get an accurate reading.
Automatic in its operation, this monitor has the capability to detect even the slightest changes in the patient’s blood pressure. Thanks to its single touch operation, one can easily turn it on or off with a single button. And the large LCD screen gives a big output reading so that the patient can read out the result without much hassle.
Minimally error free in operation., the Omron HEM 7120 Comes with a whooping of 5 years manufacturer’s warranty along with a lifetime support for the product.
2. HealthSense Heart-Mate BP 120 Classic BP Monitor
- UNIVERSAL CUFF: Contoured wide arm cuff with circumference of 22-42cm to comfortably fit both regular & large sized arms thereby sustaining accuracy. Cuff wrapping indicator to guide correct usage
- USB PORT USAGE: Universally compatible DC Port allows easy operation using any standard adapter of 5-6V, mobile charger, power bank or laptop USB cable. Remove batteries before adapter usage
- RELIABLE READINGS: Devised to perfection with traditional Oscillometric Technology & pressure sensors to provide more accurate results. Most ideal & cost-effective monitoring of blood pressure at home
- MADE FOR INDIA: HealthSense is a registered Indian Brand aiming to bring quality innovative products. This product is idealised & conceptualised for Indians & manufactured by exclusive overseas partners
Next on our list is a machine from HealthSense. This BP monitor is also loaded with features. Unlike other BP monitors, this can also be used with the help of a USB charging source. You can connect the USB cable to a laptop, power bank, or even to an adapter and the machine would function.
One thing that people need to take care of before using this machine is that the batteries should be unplugged if you are planning to use a USB source. Apart from that, you also get a large cuff with this BP monitor. The cuff can fit in arms of 22 to 42 cm in circumference.
3. Dr. Morepen BP One BP09
- 4 users interface; Toll free:1800-11-7600, Alternate Number: 011-66320248
- The Readings from the Blood Pressure Monitor are only to be used for General Information purposes - they are not a substitute for a medical examination from a Registered Medical Practitioner
- Irregular heartbeat detection. Low battery detection
- Comes with who blood pressure classification indication
Dr. Morepen’s medical devices are famous for their user-friendly interfaces. This particular blood pressure hasn’t become an exception. On a big screen, you will see several indicators such as a current day, time, blood pressure, and pulse. All data are displayed in a big easy-to-read font, so the elderly can also clearly see it. The device is fully automatic and doesn’t require any manual adjustment. Once you put your arm in the cuff and press the button, it will do the job for you. The cuff is made of soft and pleasant-to-touch material and fits standard and large arms from 22 to 36 cm.
If there are two or more hypertensive people in your family, it’s better to use a blood monitor pressure that has a function to store the readings of several users. In this regard, the BP 09 monitor may become an excellent choice due to its ability to store the logs of up to 4 different users. All of your family members will have their own history of readings to show to the therapist and get the right treatment.
4. Dr Trust Digital Talking Monitor
- Hindi or English Talking: Dr Trust BP Smart is an easiest BP monitor to use. Fully automatic and has dual talking guidance (Hindi & English) or mute modes
- USB Port: Comes with USB port connectivity and supports multiple peripheral USB devices. Also, works with 4AA batteries and easy to carry along for mobile use
- Efficient + Medical Level Accuracy: It works efficiently for each individual user. Takes accurate measurement of your systolic + diastolic BP+ pulse irregularities + heart rate with zero worries quickly
- Automatic & Comfortable: Comes with an advanced fuzzy algorithm, a new pumping technology to prevent over pumping and making measurement a comfortable process
This is a fast and reliable BP monitor with many great features. It gives results in seconds and avoids inaccurate results.
With this BP Monitor, you have a compact design and an excellent looking zebra display. A black LCD with bright white digits on them makes it easy to read the results.
This best blood pressure monitor for easy and fast measurement.
An advanced fuzzy algorithm prevents inaccurate results and over-pumping. It can store up to 120 last measurements for two users. So you don’t have to worry about keeping a journal to keep records.
You can use Dr. Trust bp monitor with 4 AAA batteries or connect it with a portable source of power.
5. Omron HEM-7130-L Blood Pressure Monitor
- Blood pressure level indicator
- 60 memory with date and time
- Average of last 3 reading
- Irregular heartbeat detection
This is the second product from Omron on our list and it defines how dependable the company is when it comes to blood pressure monitors. Just like the one mentioned on the top, the Omron HEM-7130-L is an improved version and comes with a few more options.
With that increased price, you get some extra features like 60 memories with date and time, the machine shows an average of last three readings, and it can also detect body movement. It comes with a unique Intellisense technology and has a few extra buttons to perform all the added features.
6. Rossmax GB102 Aneroid Pressure Monitor
- 4 layers of insulation on either side for complete comfort and safety
- In-built twin thermostat for 100 percent safety
- Ultra soft washable cotton cover. Display : LED
- Latex free cuff
The GB102 Aneroid monitor by Rossmax presents itself as a cost-effective solution for anyone who wants to monitor their blood pressure data accurately. Although it lacks the sophistication present in most digital alternatives, it nonetheless brings to the fore an edge of simplicity expected of a manual sphygmomanometer.
As a manual model, it is perhaps one of the most practical blood pressure monitors you can find. It is quite easy to understand how it functions so anyone can take their measurements without the slightest hindrance.
How to Buy Best BP Monitor in India?
1. Fit: There are three kinds of blood pressure machines for home usage available.
a. The one that fits your upper arm.
b. The one that holds your wrist.
c. The one that measures through your finger.
Among all these first one is the best one as it fits and gives reading accurately. And while purchasing the best BP monitor in India make sure you choose the size that properly fits your upper arm for better readings.
2. Automated or Digital: Currently in the market, there are best BP monitors available which were having fully automated or digital screens. It will be easy for you to know the readings by the use of this kind of machine.
3. Visibility: Make sure the digital monitor of the best blood pressure machine in India showing the measurements with good visibility with proper lighting. This helps even the older people of your family to view the readings with ease.
4. Purchasing Online: As there are many BP machines available online in many online marketing websites, choosing the best BP machine online also matters which can be done through studying and analyzing reviews available.
5. Clinically tested: While purchasing the best BP monitor India 2021, make sure that the device has been tested and validated clinically. Read the disclaimer, standards, reviews, and updates of the best blood pressure machine in India before you buy. The fake product may make you become tensed if the readings are not shown in a proper way after buying it.
6. Cost: Best BP monitor in India costs from hundreds to thousands. Choose according to your budget. As the main purpose is to know the blood pressure, you may not need to go for any extra features. If you can afford then you can go for the best one which provides you with high-end features.
After Choosing the Best BP Monitor in India, here we need to know how to use it?
Step 1: At what time you need to check your BP?
One shouldn’t smoke, drink beverages, or do any exercise within 30 min before checking BP. The stomach should be empty and need to rest for at least 5 min before measuring.
Step 2: What should be the sitting posture?
Need to sit with backbone straight and feet should lay flat on the floor with legs folding straight downwards. Arms should be supported on a flat surface with the upper arm being at the heart level. While measuring the bottom of the cuff needs to be placed directly above the bend of your elbow.
Step 3: When to take readings and how to be done?
It is the best option to take the readings at the same time every day. And also while doing this you need to take multiple readings at a time and record them for accurate results.
More Related Posts
Last update on 2021-02-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API