When you are looking for a laptop, the original features you would want to have a look at would be a trouble free service and a lag free performance throughout the day. Most of the time, the best laptops under 600 with ssd would ideally meet those requirements.
In fact, the laptops under $ 600 are referred to as an all purpose laptops as well. In fact, they are designed to offer you complete functionality with almost every one of your day to day tasks, but do not cost much and do not break your bank. Choosing the best laptop under $600 may not be that easy because you can find a host of enormous options for the best laptops under 600 dollars.
Of course, the prices of laptops have been reducing quite considerably. Moreover, you can even find the best laptops under 600 with SSD, and that should make it one of the preferred options. The best 600 dollar laptop is the one that can let you play games, send a few emails and even perform all those demanding tasks you throw at it.
SSD VS. HDD
|Feature||Solid State Drive||Hard Disk Drive|
|Performance – File Copy / Write Speed||Very Fast||Average|
|Moving Parts||None||2 or More|
|Noise||0 DB||27 DB|
|Capacity||Not Larger Than 1 TB||Typically Around 500 GB to 2 TB For Laptops|
|Boot-Time||Around 10-13 seconds||Around 30 – 45 seconds|
|Failure Rate||Mean time between failure rate of 2.0 million hours||Mean time between failure rate of 1.5 million hours|
|Durability||More Durable||Less Durable|
|File Opening Speed||30% Faster than SSD||Slower than HDD|
Best Laptops Under $600 – Top 9 Picks
The ASUS VivoBook S is a great value device and is among the best SSD laptops. With its Intel Core i7 processor, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, and 8 GB RAM, it’s a perfect combination of power and performance.
Its appearance is pretty stylish in gold color and simply can’t be compared to other laptops of this price range. Its full HD display is ideal for gamers and multimedia users. For just around $600, you’re getting a notebook that is very portable as well as powerful.
However, it’s hard to tell which one is the best SSD laptop as everyone’s needs are different. It will also be able to handle light games that are usually played to pass the time.
- 15.6” FHD (1920 x 1080) WideView color rich display;Webcam : VGA Camera
- High performance 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD storage combo; 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Slim 14.2” wide, 0.7” thin; 0.3” ASUS NanoEdge bezel with 80% screen to body ratio
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor; Aluminum cover. Graphics: Intel HD
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type C (Gen 1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Applications running on the computer are even faster
- Internet is unbelievably speed
- Battery Life is incredible
- keyboard feels nice and spaced out
- 15.6 screen is really nice
- When running for 4-5 hours, it can get a little warm on the bottom. Normally it’s perfectly cool
Let’s begin this list with Lenovo Ideapad 330S and the Ideapad is one of the most popular series of Lenovo. This Ideapad laptop featuring a streamlined chassis with a polished aluminum cover, which is sleek and feature-packed. It sports 15.6-inch of Energy-efficient LED backlight display with 1366 x 768 pixels of resolution.
It is powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U Quad-Core processor with turbo boost up to 3.4 GHz. This laptop is equipped with the 8GB of DDR4 RAM to deliver better multitasking performance. It is backed by 512GB of SSD storage space which is an ample storage space to store all your files and data. This powerful config gives enough power and speed to do any task with ease.
This device has Intel UHD Graphics 620 and runs on the Windows 10 operating system. For the connectivity options, it provides, 1 x USB Type-C 3.1, 2 x USB 3.0,1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x 2-in-1 Microphone/headphone Combination Jack and 1 x card reader.
- 15.6″ (1366 x 768) HD Energy-efficient LED Backlight Display, Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U (beat i7-7500U) Quad Core Processor (1.6GHz up to 3.4 GHz, 6MB Cache), 8GB DDR4 Memory, 512GB SSD Hard Drive
- 1 x USB Type-C 3.1, 2 x USB 3.0,1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x 2-in-1 Microphone/headphone Combination Jack
- Intel 802.11ac (1×1) Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, 4 in 1 Card Reader (MultiMediaCard /SD/SDHC/SDXC)
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 3.97 Lbs, 30WHr Battery, 2-Cell, Midnight Blue
- Beautiful Design and fast
- Best for Students
- Battery Life is Good
- 15.6 screen is really nice
- Poor Build Quality
Acer’s Aspire E 15 has been implemented with an 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor. This enables you to have plenty of power to run all of your programs smoothly. We were impressed with the design of this laptop as well. It includes a sleek black finish which makes it look fantastic for both professional and casual environments.
If you were looking for a laptop that you could upgrade over time, this one could be a great choice. It features a compartment door that’s easy to access to upgrade the memory and hard drive. The laptop has been fitted with an NVIDIA GeForce MX150 Graphics card. This is combined with the 2GB of video memory that’s included as well. Therefore, you’re able to play games in complete HD and without any issues.
People have also been mentioning how the Acer TrueHarmony technology that’s available enhances the entertainment experience. This works by improving sound quality which lets you listen to music, watch movies, and play games with more clarity. The distortion is minimized and there’s a range of volume options to choose from. With a display that can offer you a full HD experience of 1080p, you can be sure to watch videos in super high quality. You can feel confident in knowing that this laptop will connect to WiFi more consistently. This is a result of the 802.11ac WiFi that’s included. This boosts internet connection speeds to let you surf the web without any delays.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit IPS Display
- 8GB Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD
- Up to 15-hours of battery life.Adapter: 65 W
- Windows 10 Home
- NVIDIA GeForce MX150 Graphics card
- Battery Life is Good
- Acer TrueHarmony Technology
- The trackpad isn’t so great
- Keyboard Backlight can’t be adjusted
The HP Pavilion is equipped with an 8th generation Intel Core i5-8250U processor. It has four cores clocked at a 1.6GHZ speed which will be turbo boosted to 3.4GHz when needed.
The computer features a 15.6-inch HD touchscreen which is WLED-backlit. The laptop is loaded with Windows 10 and has a separate 10-key numeric keyboard, which is useful for all you number crunchers out there.
This slimline laptop is a great choice if you want to take with you while on the move, as it only weighs 4.2 lbs. The Pavilion adequate, but not premium, sound through the built-in stereo speakers. The 8GB RAM should be adequate for most users, although it can be easily upgraded to 16GB.
Internal storage is a 1 TB HDD, although you can also find models with SSDs or larger data storage capacities. However, this significantly increases the cost. Ports include 1 x USB 3.1, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI and there are separate headphone and microphone jacks.
- 15.6-Inch IPS Touchscreen FHD (1920×1080)
- 8th Generation Intel Quad-Core i5-8250U
- 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM
- 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Full of features and light weight
- Battery backup 5hours
- Good resolution laptop for watching movies
- Keyboard is nice chicklet type with full layout including number pad
- All around nice performer for all but hardcore gamers
- No backlit keyboard
The HP – 14-df0023cl is a perfect laptop for school and everyday use, and it does offer plenty of value for its price too.
This laptop packs an 8th generation Intel Dual-Core i3-8130U Processor, 4GB of RAM, a 128GB SSD, and a 14 inch Full HD display. You definitely cannot ask for more from a laptop that’s priced under $600., so if you’re looking for a cheap laptop with SSD, this should be first your list!
The HP 14-df0023cl is also a great option if you’re looking for a lightweight laptop for school since it only weighs 2.16lbs and is only 0,78 inch thick.
The HP – 14-df0023cl also has a good number of ports, including 1 USB Type C port, 2 USB 3.1 ports, HDMI and Ethernet. Battery life is also good.
- Intel Dual-Core i3-8130U Processor, 2.20GHz Base Frequency, up to 3.40GHz, 4 MB SmartCache
- 4GB 2400MHz DDR4 SDRAM, 128GB Solid State Drive, No Optical Drive
- 14″ Full HD ( 1920 x 1080 ) IPS WLED BrightView Display, Intel UHD Graphics 620 Integrated
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 2 x USB 3.1, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone/microphone combo jack, 1 x Card Reader
- Windows 10 Home in S Mode, HD Webcam, Bluetooth 4.2, 802.11ac, Backlit Keyboard
- Fast and lightweight
- Extra RAM it’s pretty much perfect
- M.2 SSD
- Easy Free Update to W10 v1809
- Full SD Slot with SDXC – 64GB for now
- Backlit Keyboard
- However more W7 progs are working with W10
Dell has come a long way to reach the status of what users enjoying today. Today, Dell’s laptops are considered a reliable piece of a machine; one can buy without having a second thought. The latest Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop has offered some magnificent performance, outrank others within days. Though Dell has to cut off several features to lower down the price to this, still, at $600, it is a downright steal.
The Inspiron 5000 features an impressive design. The laptop has a very unique and good looking design with matte plastic chassis. It is 13.3 inches, 2-in-1 laptop, with Vibrant and clearer 1920 x 1080 screen resolutions. It provides accurate colors while watching movies and playing your favorite games.
The laptop features the latest generation Intel Core i5-8250U processor, capable enough to handle even the heaviest workload. The level of processor is often integrated with the highest gaming laptops, under the expensive price tag.
The processor joins hands with 16GB DDR4 memory to provide immediate results. Above all, you get to see SSD Hard under this price range, 256GB SSD hard is more than enough to hold lots of data. If you look at the specs and processing, you may opt-with this laptop, without looking other enlisted.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 up to [16GB], (additional memory sold separately)
- 256 GB (SSD)
- 13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Truelife, LED-Backlit Touch Display with Wide Viewing Angles-IR Camera
- Be more productive. Windows 10 is the best for bringing ideas forward and getting things done
- Light wt, touch screen is excellent with good resolution
- SDD is amazing
- Fast enough with me running photoshop
- Easy Free Update to W10 v1809
- Overall good laptop
- Plastic build, could have been more sturdy
- Camera is ok ok
Dell has recently launched this Dell Inspiron 15 5593 with the latest 10th Gen processor so if you are looking for a powerful Dell laptop under 600 dollars budget this then is a good option for you. If we talk about the design of this laptop then it comes with silver metal finished chassis which gives it to a rich look and feel.
This Dell laptop is durable from outside and as it has got the latest and powerful set of hardware configuration which makes it powerful from inside. It sports the latest 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 processor with max clock speed up to 3.6GHz. This laptop is backed by 8GB of DDR4 RAM which is good enough to handle multitasking without any hiccups.
On the storage front, it has got 256GB of SSD which is works faster as compared to a traditional HDD drive. Thanks for providing Intel UHD Graphics which can handle a few low graphics games, and photo editing work on Photoshop with ease. If you are concerning about the connectivity of this device then it has got all the required ports and slots.
It has got a 15.6-inch full HD Anti-Glare LED-Backlit display with 1920 x 1080 pixels of resolution. And its anti-glare panel will never disturb you from the glare while you are working. This Dell laptop comes with a Backlit keyboard which helps you to work even in a low light condition.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 (1 0 GHz up to 3 6 GHz 6 MB cache 4 cores) Processor + Intel UHD Graphics
- 8GB 8Gx1 DDR4 2666MHz RAM
- 256GB M 2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
- 15 6-inch Full HD (1920×1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display Narrow Border
- Wifi AC Bluetooth Backlit Keyboard Windows 10 Home
- Touchscreen make the computer more faster
- Battery runs out after 3-4 hours
- Really fast startups and nice screen quality
- No USB type C
If you are looking for a perfect and powerful business laptop then this Lenovo Ideapad S340 is the best option for you. This Lenovo laptop has got a simple design with impressive specifications for under $600, which is suitable for office use, multimedia, online streaming, normal gaming, etc.
This Lenovo laptop sports 15.6 inches of full HD display with an anti-glare screen which will never irritate you from the glare. For powerful performance, this laptop is equipped with the latest Intel Core i7-1065G7 10th Gen processor and coupled with 8GB of RAM.
It has integrated Intel Iris Plus G7 Graphics to handle some graphics-related tasks such as normal photo/video editing, casual gaming, etc. The storage segment of this notebook is backed by 256GB of SSD which is not enough for many of us to store the collection of digital photos, music, videos, and games.
- Powered by the latest 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor @ 1.30GHz (4 Cores, 8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Ultra-low-voltage platform. Quad-core, eight-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- 15.6″ FHD (1920 x 1080) anti-glare Display; Intel Iris Plus G7 Graphics
- 8GB DDR4 2400MHz SDRAM Memory for full-power multitasking; 256GB Solid State Drive (SSD), While offering less storage space than a hard drive, a flash-based SSD has no moving parts, resulting in faster start-up times and data access, no noise, and reduced heat production and power draw on the battery.
- 802.11ac Wireless LAN + Bluetooth 4.2; 2 x USB 3.1 (Gen 1)(1 supports charging), 1 x UBS 3.1 (Gen 1) Type-C, HDMI, 4-in-1 SD card reader, Headphone / mic combo, Power connector
- Windows 10 Home; Onyx Black
HP has recently launched this HP 15 Business Laptop with the latest hardware configuration. If we talk about the exterior of this laptop then it is almost built with high-quality plastic which feels sturdy. So there is no doubt about the build quality of this laptop.
The outer body of this HP laptop is finished in dual color like outside it has natural silver and inside it is finished in smoke gray, this color combination of this laptop looks attractive. And it has a silver shiny HP logo on the lid that gives a very stylish and appealing look.
It sports 15.6 inches HD WLED-Backlit touchscreen display having a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. And also the display has a micro-edge bezel that gives a stunning 81% screen-to-body ratio which dives you into its immersive visual experience.
To deliver the best performance this HP laptop is equipped with the newest Intel Core i7-1065G7 10th Gen processor and coupled with 8GB of DDR4 RAM. Thanks for providing 512GB of SSD drive which is an ample amount of storage space to store all the personal and professional data. It runs on the Windows 10 operating system and got all the connectivity ports and slots.
- Intel 10th Gen processors: 10th Gen Intel Core processor-powered systems take a huge leap forward in gaming, streaming, and creativity, pushing a smooth, detailed, and vivid experience on highly portable devices.
- Immersive views: Dive into movies, video calls, and everyday tasks with a 6.5-mm micro-edge bezel display and stunning 81% screen-to-body ratio, designed to maximize immersion and minimize distraction.
- Powered for productivity: Coupling long-lasting battery life* with fast-charge technology, this laptop lets you work, watch and stay connected all day—without being tied to an outlet.
- The best Windows yet: Windows 10 Home delivers faster start-ups, your favorite applications, and great new ways to get stuff done across multiple devices.
- Along for the ride: Home, office, park, or café—this laptop goes everywhere, effortlessly, thanks to a lean, lightweight build that slips neatly into a backpack or bag.
The demand for the cheaper laptops is growing consistently, and this has made the manufacturers slash their prices while retaining the features which were so far available only on the high end devices. Given the fact that there are hundreds of options available for the best laptop under $600, choosing the right one has been an enormous difficulty.
$600 has indeed become the right sweet spot for the laptops, and you can find a lot of excellent options in this price band. That is precisely why we chose to cover the best laptops under 600 dollars. In fact, the best laptops under 600 dollars should be the right choice for the following category of users –
- Heavy gamers – You can play a host of your favourite games on almost all the best laptop under $600
- Coders and programmers – They pack in plenty of capacity and ability for handling resource intensive tasks.
- Graphic designers – This is yet another category of users who can immensely benefit from the features offered by the best laptop under $600.
However, before you lay your hands on any of the best 600 dollar laptop, make sure you have gone through the best possible research into the features, components and the applications available on the laptops you have chosen. Check out the configurations and find if you are really going to use any of them. It may be worthwhile to leave out the features that you seldom use. That way, you will be able to bring down the price even down for your dream laptop.