Best Laptops with DVD drive: Do you have videos saved on DVDs/CDs from the old days? Are your parents having a bulk of their memories stored in those drives? Are you not interested in buying a CD player especially to see those videos?
Then here we have the solution. There are many laptops in the UK and US with the built-in CD and DVD drive. It is useful for you to see those memorable videos. You can make your parents happy. Now-a-generation people are using pen drives, cloud storage and Google drives to store the data and memories. But the people in the US and UK before the 2000s used to store all their memories in CDs and DVDs. This is the reason why many manufacturing companies providing laptops with CD/DVD player inbuilt.
“LAPTOP WITH BUILT IN CD AND DVD DRIVE CAN MAKE YOUR OLD STORED MEMORIES IN CDS AND DVDS GET VISIBLE AND MAKE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS HAPPY”
The people in the current generation also mostly store the licensed soft wares in CDs. So that they can easily copy and can exchange with their fellow beings. Most of the people before starting of these online video market like YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon Prime, used to buy movie DVDs to watch during leisure time. The emergence of these types of online videos had changed the scenario. The purchase of laptops with built-in CD and DVD drives became less. Hence manufacturers also shifted to produce the laptops without this feature.
Things To Consider Before Buying
1. Size: Generally if the laptop has a DVD/CD drive then it occupies more space. It is recommended to check for the laptops with optimum size so that you can handle it easily. As the main purpose of having a laptop is to carry with ease.
2. Slimness: If you need your laptop to be weightless then choosing it without inbuilt CD and the DVD drive is advisable. It is recommended to have the external drives in this case.
3. Length and width: The length and width of the laptops with the built-in the driver will be more compared to the laptop without it. Many laptop manufacturing companies are trying to reduce it by using the best materials available. So that the length and width get reduced.
4. Budget: As anyway the laptops cost a minimum of $400 which is more than any basic product at home. It is you who need to choose the right laptop with the available money. For this, you can refer to the various products, their features, and the costs.
5. Confidential: Make sure to check whether the driver which is inbuilt is working or not. Check the standards of the driver provided in the product description. There are chances to get laptops with drivers but of not working.
6. Online: There are many online marketing websites providing various discounts and sales. See the right time to buy so that you can get it for the less cost possible. Many reviews are available in product selling websites like Amazon etc. Check the reviews, analyze, and purchase the best product.
Minimum System Requirements
|OS||Windows 7||Mac OS X 10.0|
|Processor||Intel Core i3||Intel Core i5|
|Storage||500GB HDD||256GB SSD|
|Graphics Card||Integrated with at least 2GB VRAM||Integrated with at least 2GB VRAM|
Recommended System Requirements
|OS||Windows 10 or Higher||Mac OS Mojave|
|Processor||Intel Core i5 or Higher||Intel Core i5|
|RAM||16GB||8GB or Higher|
|Storage||1TB HDD + 128GB SSD or HIgher||256GB SSD|
|Graphics Card||Dedicated GPU with at least 4GB VRAM||Dedicated GPU with at least 2GB VRAM|
Best Laptops with DVD Drive in 2020
1. ASUS X555QA
The Asus X555QA is a brilliant laptop on the list. It features a 15.6 inches HD screen resolution that offers enhanced pictures and videos. This laptop belongs to the X series of ASUS laptops.
The X series is a popular line of laptops that have been extensively sold in the markets for a long time. This is ASUS’ mid-range line of laptops offering great value for money with decent performance.
This particular laptop features a Windows 10 OS setup with 1TB HDD storage. This is a hybrid drive which means it includes an internal SSD. This configuration is very useful for those who want their laptops to boot at very high speeds.
2. Newest HP Envy 17t Touch
The HP Envy 17t is powered by the Intel Core i7-8550U, which is a quad-core processor that is clocked at 4.0GHz on all 4 cores. This high-end CPU is combined with the 4GB NVIDIA GTX MX150 graphics card that can handle most of the gaming as well. However, as this is an MX series GPU, it might not be able to handle gaming, especially at the native 4K resolution and one needs to play games at a lower 1080p resolution.
The laptop has a 55.8 WHr battery life making it last up to 4 hours, as the laptop has a bigger battery with higher screen resolution. Also, it is also a bit heavy with an overall weight of 6.73 pounds.
3. Acer Aspire E 15
The affordable Acer Aspire E 15 not to be confused with one of the many other Aspire E15’s) is one of the best value picks out today. You get a capable 8th Gen Intel Core i3 processor, a full-HD display, and nearly 9 hours of battery life. Its 5-pound weight may put some off, but that’s par for the course on DVD-drive bearing laptops.
4. HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
The HP 15.6-inch is a great option for people looking to get things done on a budget, but still, have access to a full DVD drive to access their old discs. The laptop sports a large 15.6-inch display with a resolution of 1366 x 768. The most unique aspect of this product is that it ditches Intel and Nvidia completely.
The laptop runs on AMD Quad-Core A6-7310 processor clocked at 2.4 GHz with 4 GB of RAM, 500GB hard disk space and it also uses AMD Radeon R4 graphics, allowing you to do some light gaming. It has a DVD writer, SD card reader, and is powered by a 3-cell 31 Wh lithium-ion battery. The laptop also has an HDMI port, USB, and a full-sized numeric pad, providing you a full keyboard experience.
5. Dell Inspiron 17 5000 5770
If you are looking for a laptop with a large viewing screen, then the Dell Inspiron 17 5770 will be your best bet. A large screen display size of 17-inches puts this laptop at an advantage of a clear viewing area with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Among other things, you will also find a fully comfortable and ergonomic keyboard along with the fact that the exterior is made of plastic chassis.
Additionally, the laptop comes with an 8GB RAM storage for efficient multitasking functionalities. It also features a 1 TB 5400rpm SATA hard disk drive, which provides a prodigious memory for storing files. Dell Inspiron 17 5770 comes with an Intel Core i5-8250U CPU processor type, which runs at a speed of 1.6 GHz.
Types of Drives available for Laptop:
1. Super Multi DVD burner supportable laptop: Latest technology which allows us to see the DVDs and also the blue-ray drives. One can read and write in the discs using this Super Multi DVD burner.
2. DVD-RW drive supportable laptop: RW means Rewritable. Using this drive one can erase and rewrite the data. However, there is a constraint like the whole data need to be erased before rewriting. These types of discs can store 4.7GB data.
As the laptop once purchased it will be with us for many years, need to choose the best one.