Best Modem For Spectrum: If you are in the US, you should be aware that Spectrum is one of the most popular and efficient cable modem services in the region. With excellent plans and services, you would find them working great Spectrum approved modems. If you are looking for a respite from the average modems, it may be one of the good options to check out the right options for modems that work with Spectrum.
What type of modems does Spectrum Use?
The requirements for the best modem for Spectrum would need you to check out the specific requirements. Finding the best cable modem for Spectrum can be a task in itself, but Spectrum does provide a good deal of backend support for picking the right one.
Spectrum internet service can work best if you are using the modem with the new DOCSIS 3.1 standard. Of course, the service has not yet moved to the new standard, but we definitely find it extremely a good option to check out the best modem for Spectrum internet if you are opting for the modems with DOCSIS 3.1 standard.
The Minimum Specifications for the Best Cable Modem for Spectrum
If you are checking out the best modem options for your Spectrum broadband, you will need to get access to the Spectrum approved modems with the following system requirements –
- The router modem should be compliant with the 802.11ac standard for Wi-Fi.
- The modem should have Gigabit LAN ports (10/100/1000 Mbps). This should assist you in connecting your modem with multiple wired devices.
- It is recommended to go with dual band connectivity with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- Availability of a minimum of 16 bonded channels
Best Spectrum Modems – The Ultimate List
1. Arris Surfboard SB6190 (Spectrum approved)
The Arris Surfboard SB6190 is up for grabs. And why not? You can now surf faster and also save on that precious penny. This cable modem running on DOCSIS 3.0 is great for high speed internet plans giving steady 1.4 Gbps download and more than 250 Mbps upload speeds in the lab.
The SURFboard SB6190 is a modem only device and is compatible with most U.S. service providers like Cox, Spectrum, and Comcast Xfinity amongst others. It is equipped with a 1 Gigabit Ethernet port that you can easily connect to a Wi-Fi router so you don’t have to worry even if you have a gigabit plan.
2. NETGEAR CM700
First of all, I have NETGEAR CM700. It is one of the best modems that you can try out there. The best part of the modem is that it comes with an affordable price tag which goes easy on your pocket. Plus, it is loaded with a bunch of features.
The best part of the modem is that it supports cable internet service plans up to 500 Mbps. However, for wifi, you will need a separate modem with 32×8 channel bonding.
But it is also compatible with the Xfinity from Comcast, Cox, CableONE, and other internet providers. However, it is not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink.
Not compatible with bundled voice services. However, you get the IPv6 next generation Internet addressing support.
3. Netgear CM400-1AZNAS Cable Modem
Netgear is yet another highly reputable source for networking equipment. Their entire line of cable modems bears the TWC seal of approval, though the Netgear CM400-1AZNAS provides the best value for those looking to keep costs low.
It is fairly average in terms of performance, offering a download speed of 340Mbps and an upload speed of 131Mbps. This is unlikely to impact your Internet speeds unless you pay for top-tier Internet packages. Otherwise, this modem is plenty powerful enough.
It only has a single ethernet port to connect to a router, but this only matters to those who may want to bridge multiple routers or hardwire some networked devices.
4. ARRIS SURFboard SB8200
The Arris Surfboard SBG6900AC Cable modem & Wi-Fi router is the latest offering from Arris. This device uses the DOCSIS 3.0 platform. The other features include a 1900 Mbps Wi-Fi router and 4-port Gigabit Ethernet ports.
The SBG6900AC is actually 3 products in 1. It is the most powerful 16 x 4 channel modem in the SURFboard lineup. Now, brush aside your worries and your monthly cable bills. Equip your home network with the latest technology.
The world’s number one is almost 16 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. You get the highest speeds with a fast download of 686 Mbps and an upload of 131 Mbps that match the best available modems and routers. Thus, you get to save money on this all-in-one.
The Surfboard can be just plugged in and started. It is compatible with most OS. It carries a limited period warranty of 1 year on both parts and labor.
5. MOTOROLA MG7540
Up next, you can check out the Motorola MG750. This one is a 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1600 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) wifi Gigabit router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more. You must go for this product if your cable internet service has a speed of 375 MBPS.
As well as with the help of it, you will be able to eliminate cable modem rental up to 156 dollars per year. However, it is not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, and other fiber optics, DSL, or satellite services.
The modem is also a built-in high speed wi-fi router with AC1600 wifi provides Internet access for wifi devices including smartphones, notebooks, and other devices.
A Few FAQs that would be worth answering
Well, a few FAQs here should be helpful enough for your needs in handling the Spectrum approved modems. Let us check out a few good options here.
Q – Does Spectrum Provide a free Modem?
- Well, yes. You can opt for the best modem for Spectrum as part of the platform. However, we would suggest opting for a third party modem as it would offer you access to a wonderful experience. You can check out the modems that work with Spectrum and find the right one that meets your needs.
Q – Is it a better idea to buy or rent a modem?
- Well, Spectrum provides you access to different plans for the best cable modem for Spectrum. Of course, you can choose to opt for your own modem. There are plenty of options for the Spectrum approved modems. Of course, we would consider buying a modem would be one of the excellent options than opting for renting it.
Q – How long does the best modem for Spectrum internet last?
- Well, that would be what will be decided by your usage patterns and the type of the best modem for Spectrum that you can pick. Ideally speaking, the modems last to around three to four years under ideal conditions. Of course, if you tend to take extreme care of the product, you would find it offers much more than that period. Well, that was how you would pick the best modem for Spectrum internet. The tips here should ideally help you get access to the best modems that would meet your requirement and pick the best among them.