Best Mulching Blades: Working with your lawnmowing does not come as easy as you would expect it to. A perfect lawn is everyone’s dream. However, there are a lot of efforts going into achieving that dream of an ideal dream. The prime option to achieve in this scenario would be to use the mulching options and opt for the perfect mulching blades.
What are Mulching Blades?
Well, before you understand what is a mulching blade, you would need to understand what is mulching. That way, it would be ideal enough to understand what mulching is.
Mulching refers to using your own grass as the fertilizer. Mulching would involve dropping the grass cut onto the lawn. The grass blends into the soil surface and thus releases the nutrients into the soil. This will help improve the health of your lawn further ahead.
The best mulching blades would be helpful in achieving this task even more effectively and efficiently. As the name itself should imply, the mulching blade would be helpful enough in using the grass clippings to create the compost. In other words, your own lawnmower will produce the mulch and help you provide it with the essential nutrients.
Top Best Mulching Blades
1. Oregon G3 Gator Blades, Set of 3 — Best Overall
The Oregon G3 Gator Blade is our top choice because unlike most blades, this one holds up well when dealing with a wide variety of conditions, including sandy yards.
This blade is austempered heat-treated. As a result, it has a 20% harder steel, which makes it hardy, durable, and long-lasting. Consequently, its hardiness also guarantees that harsh conditions such as branches or walnuts will not affect the blade.
The Toro Recycler was designed as a replacement blade for a wide range of Toro branded lawn mowers. It is uniquely suited to Toro mowers, but that doesn’t mean it can’t fit other brands.
Please note that though the blade is listed as a Toro OEM blade—the same blade that Toro Recycler or Personal Space 22 comes with—that is not so. If anything, it is more of a rotary copperhead blade.
The fact that this blade is universal means it can fit any mower brand as long as it is a 21-Inch cut mower. As a result, it is one of the highest rated replacement blades for most lawn mowers.
The blade has sharpened vertical cutting teeth, which facilitates a fine even cut. You will not need more than one pass unless your grass is high. Likewise, when mowing in the morning and the grass is a bit damp, the teeth and cutting surface guarantees no clumping.
The first thing to note about these blades is that the Stens company manufactures them. Stens is a well-known industry leader in the manufacture of aftermarket replacements parts.
They are known for high-quality products and these blades are no different. These blades come as a six-piece package. The fact that the six-piece package is affordable guarantees you get value for your money.
How to Choose the Best Mower Blades?
Well, now that you are ready to buy a new mulching blade, it would be essential to check out the best buying factors you need to give a thought to.
How should you choose your mulching blade?
There are a few factors you need to check out.
- The length of the blade should be one of the prime concerns you should take note of. The length of the blade should be compatible with your lawnmower.
- The specifications of your mower play a major role in your purchase of the best mulching blades.
- The length of the blade will also ensure that the effectiveness of your blade.
- The number of pieces in the blade is yet another important factor you should look for in your search for the best mulching blades. These blades come in three piece, one piece or a six piece combination. This would again be dependent on the lawnmower you want to use the blades with.
- Yet another important aspect that would need attention is the weight of the blades. This will be what would affect the easy maneuvering of your lawnmower.
- Check the weight and ensure compatibility. Gator lawn mower blades tend to be heavier and have been observed to weigh around 3 pounds. Too much heavy mulching blade may not be the right choice.
Finally, the best mower blades would need to have an effective durability level. Critically examining the durability level of your blades would ensure that you would have access to the best possible standard with respect to the durability level of your mulching blade.
Well, those were a few exciting options you should focus on when choosing the right mulching blades for your lawn. Ready to buy the best mulching blades? The above tips should ideally quite helpful enough in your search for the best mower blades.