Best WiFi Routers India: With advanced technologies and the use of more electronic devices at home, it is the best option to have wireless connectivity with the help of a Wi-Fi router.
Are you working from home! are you using more electronic devices such as mobile, laptop, smart tv, etc. Are you facing problems such as internet slowness, data shortage
For all issues, there is a one stop solution that is to have the best wifi router. It makes your work from home easier. It makes you connect all electronic devices with ease. It gives you better speed and it will provide enough data for your usage
“A WIFI ROUTER IS A MOTHER AT YOUR HOME WHICH CARES, SUPPORTS AND CONNECTS ALL THE ELECTRONIC DEVICES AS HER CHILDREN”
How to Choose the Best Wifi Routers India
- It depends on the number of devices to be connected.
- The area that needs to be operated.
- The number of persons who utilize the data.
- Your type of usages such as office work and home.
- Based on the speed that you require.
- Know the security features.
Here we are Eelaborating these Options:
1. Number of devices:
For a single family with fewer devices connected at once, a low-end, single band router will be suitable.
For anyone in a joint family with multiple devices connected at once, a high-end, dual-band router is your best option. If your family likes to watch Netflix, amazon prime, and if your children are more interested in gaming, a tri-band router with two 5GHz bands is something u have to look after.
2. Area of usage:
It depends on the house you live in. If it is a small house and apartment only one router will be sufficient. If it is a big house, the selection of router and Wi-Fi network matters.
One can combine a router with high-quality antennas and it will fulfill the job. But it is not possible when you have a vast area to cover.
So one should think about testing it before buying with a lot of money for a device. There are many online reviews available for a lot of brands and models of router these days. You can check the reviews or ask your friends or relatives who are already using a router in a similar area you want to cover before purchasing
Also, you can get powerful coverage of the whole required area by using Wi-Fi kits. Unlike a single-piece router, these kits work together to cover huge indoor areas.
3. The Number of Persons Who Utilize the Data:
If you are using for the home purpose a Wi-Fi router with limited data is enough. If it is for office purposes a Wi-Fi router with more bandwidth, more data, and high speed is needed as there will be more people and more devices to connect. The best Wi-Fi router at your office makes your clients get their requirements fulfilled on time.
4. Based on the Speed that you require:
The speed of a Wi-Fi router is measured in Megabits per second, or Mbps — it indicates how the router can move incoming data in a faster way like an internet signal from one computer to another. The fastest Wi-Fi routers might boast up 5,300 Mbps speed. Of all the combined speed available to any devices using off of that router —a single device will only reach about 2,167 Mbps.
With all the new smart devices available today, security is a major concern as all your data available in those devices. So nowadays the routers are much concentrating on extra software that will protect your network from malware, ransomware, and viruses. Among them, few are for free and some of them require paid subscriptions, but additional security is always good as a data breach is a major issue today.
Many routers have their own app for setting up or managing your network. So that you can quickly make changes or monitor your device. Even you can manage your network when you are far from your home, but they normally use your email address to register.
It also informs you when a new device connects to your network and lets you see which devices are utilizing your bandwidth. Currently, there aren’t many great apps available, but most companies try to update their applications periodically.
Best WiFi Router for Home India
1. TP-LINK TD-W8961N 300Mbps
- All-in-One Device —— ADSL2+ Modem, NAT Router, 4-Port Switch and Wireless N Access Point
- Input Type —— RJ11 (Telephone Line) supported by ISPs such as MTNL, BSNL, and Tata Indicom, External Power Supply 9VDC/0.6A
- Maximized Range —— 2 × 5dBi Fixed Omni-Directional Antenna provide far-reaching wireless coverage in every direction
- Boosted Speed —— Wireless N speed up to 300Mbps makes it ideal for heavy bandwidth consuming or interruption sensitive applications like Internet calls and even the HD video streaming
As mentioned earlier, this router works only with BSNL broadband connection and MSNL.
You’ll get wireless N speed of up to 300 MBps and is decent for video streaming, online gaming, internet VoIP calls, etc…
2. TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable
- Performance —— 300Mbps wireless speed ideal for interruption sensitive applications like HD video streaming
- Guest Network —— provides separate access for guests while securing the home network
- IPv6 —— compatible with IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6)
- WPS button —— easy wireless security encryption at a push of WPS button
TP-link TL-WR841N is one of the most popular entry-level routers that are on sale in the market at present.
Costing just under Rs.1000, this single-band router is suitable for personal use and performs quite well as advertised. Capable of speeds up to 300mbps (~37.5MB/s), for an average user this router is more than sufficient for his needs. TP-link, as with all their products, offers a three-year warranty with this home router. Since routers are always ON devices, damage to internals is to be expected anytime.
3. Tenda N301 Wireless-N300
- Easy setup and enjoy a security wireless network in a minute,Wireless security encryption easily at a push of WPS button
- Work as client to connect ISP network and share the Internet,300Mbps wireless speed ideal for interruption sensitive applications
- Standard&Protocol IEEE 802.3/3U IEEE 802.11n/g/b,Interface1 10/100Mbps WAN Port;3 10/100Mbps LAN Ports
- Antenna2 fixed 5dbi Omni Directional antenas,Internet Connection TypeDynamic IP,PPPOE,Static IP,L2TP,PPTP
Tenda has brought a new device to the market which is working like a charm. This device is giving high-speed internet and is fit for your house or small area services.
This device has two omnidirectional antennas and has a dynamic IP connection, PPPOE, Static IP, L2TP, and PPTP. It has an RJ-45 connector and also has parental control.
It follows the standard protocols- IEEE 802.3/3U IEEE 802.11n/g/b, Interface1 10/100 Mbps WAN Port 3.0 10/100 Mbps LAN Ports.
4. D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
- Compatible with ISP input of RJ 45 ( Not compatible with RJ-11 input such as MTNL/BSNL/TATA/AIRTEL RJ-11 connection.) SDRAM : 8MB
- Get upto 300 Mbps reliable and affordable Wi-Fi connection ( 2.4Ghz frequency band )
- Share high-speed Internet access with computers, game consoles, and media players from greater distances around a small home or apartment.( 450 sq ft )
- Can handle multiple ( upto 10 ) wireless devices and enable smooth streaming and sharing across your entire home network
Usually, people in India have an internet connection on their phone lines. The Fibernet is becoming popular, but the majority of people still have BSNL or Airtel Broadband services through their telephone lines. Hence, the D-Link DSL and ADSL routers are extremely popular for home and small office use.
5. Netgear WNR614 N300 Wi-Fi Router
- Input Type RJ-45 (Ethernet Cable) supported by neighbourhood cable broadband ISPs such as Hathway, ACT, Tikona, Airtel Fibrenet, MyWorld, Nextra, Siti Cable, You Broadband, Spectranet etc
- This Router Does Not Include Modem and works well with Cable Broadbands
- Netgear WNR614 N300 Wireless Router with External Antenna
- N300 WiFi speed
Nowadays Netgear is become a very popular brand because of its quality and services at affordable prices.
Netgear WNR614 Wifi N300 router is the perfect choice for your home and small office use. It has 2 fixed external Antenna. This N300 wifi router can provide wireless speed up to 300 Mbps.
The Netgear WNR614 N300 uses IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Network standard with a 2.4GHz frequency band. This is a single band wifi router, it has 4 ports for LAN and another 1 is for WAN with auto-sensing technology.
To make connectivity easy and safe there is WPS technology so connect your any device by just clicking a single WPS button. On this router, you will see an LED indicator for power and another link activity.
Software Features of a Wi-Fi routers
1. Wi-Fi access point:
Most routers focused at the end consumer and market have a built-in Wi-Fi access point to provide wireless network connections for personal computers and other devices that are linked with Wi-Fi adapters.
2. Guest Wi-Fi access:
This feature makes you broadcast a separate wireless network name (SSID) that has different security settings from the main wireless network. Since they are separated virtually, guests are not able to see the traffic or access computers on the main network. This lets you keep your private network secure by easily offering visitors, contractors and public with wireless access
3. Virtual LANs and multiple SSIDs:
To offer more than a wireless guest feature, many business-class routers will allow you to create multiple, separate customized networks using which is generally called virtual LANs (VLANs). They will also authorize multiple SSIDs to offer virtual wireless networks.
4. VPN Server and Client:
A built-in VPN server enables users to access your network with high security and files while they’re on the way or working from home.
5. USB port for printers or drives:
Most of the consumer-class and business-class router includes a USB port that can be shared with a USB printer or external drive with the network. This can be used if you don’t already have a network-ready printer that can be used among all network users or network-attached storage (NAS) appliance for storing and sharing files.
6. Malware and Spam Protection:
Mostly the routers are including security features additionally which are commonly called unified threat management (UTM) gateways. Typically they include antivirus, anti-spam, and content filtering to stop harmful or inappropriate sites and emails.
7. Dual or backup WAN port (or 4G support):
By connecting your router to two cable or DSL lines from different service providers, or plugin a USB 4G adapter, then you will have a backup connection if one fails. Some of the routers will also allow for increasing the bandwidth of your internet by using both Internet connections simultaneously which is named load balancing.
8. RADIUS server:
Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) server, a business class router built-in is more secure than the pre-shard key (PSK) security that consumer routers provide using services such as WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access). With RADIUS, we can provide each user with a unique user name and password and then change or revoke access in the event a user leaves or loses their Wi-Fi device.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a 4X4 MIMO Wi-Fi router?
Wi-Fi antenna signal streams cannot simultaneously receive and transmit signals. MIMO denotes Multiple Input and Multiple Output. The 4X4 MIMO Wi-Fi router will have four transmitting antennas and four receiving antennas.
Similarly, you have the 3X3, 2X2, and 1X1 MIMO Wi-Fi routers. The routers supporting IEEE 802.11ac standard must support the MIMO feature.
2. What is the best WiFi router for home use?
Any TP-Link or D-Link WiFi routers with minimum 2-3 antennas and 300 mbps speed support are an excellent choice for home Internet usage. Pick the one based on your budget from the above list.
3. What is an ADSL Modem Router?
A Wi-Fi router with an in-built ASDL modem in it is an ASDL Modem Router. Note that all Wi-Fi routers have ASDL ports. You should check out for the same when you buy the router as you would not be able to connect the ASDL phone line otherwise.
4. What do WEP, WPA, and WPA-2 stand for?
These terms refer to encryption security standards.
- WEP means Wired Equivalent Piracy
- WPA implies Wi-Fi Protected Areas
- WPA-2 is an advanced version of WPA and is also the most secure of the three.
5. What is the difference between a modem and a router?
Most people get confused with the terms modem and router, while a lot of them believe that both are same.
Though they look similar, the functions they perform differ a lot.
Routers are designed in such a way that they support multiple devices to connect to a single Internet connection or network.
Whereas, the router should be connected to a modem in order to access the internet.
More Related Posts
- ▷Top 10 Best Wireless Mouse In India for 2021 -【Reviews 2021】
- 5 Best Wireless Earbuds in India for Android Users (2021) – Reviews
Last update on 2021-02-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API