Best SSD laptop: SSD means Solid State Driver. It is the best type of storage available for laptops. It can optimize your laptop performance and makes you feel happy while working.
Preferring SSDs than hard drives? Yes, it is the best option. Because of the following benefits:
1. Hard drives can perform input/output operation per second at the rate of 100 whereas SSD can perform it at the rate of thousands to even lakhs of operations per second.
2. Energy efficiency: To know how SSDs are energy efficient we need to know how hard drive and SSD work. In a hard drive, the pointer moves for every operation which you do, so it needs more energy and there is a high chance of physical damage to happen. While in SSD there is no such kind of movement happens.
One needs to know about the form factor while purchasing the SSD. The form factor is the most common parameter being used to specify the SSD type. The form factor mainly determines the size of the SSD.
Types of SSDs based on form Factor:
- M.2 SSD
It is most commonly used in slim laptops because of small size and shape. The specification is in the form of a four-digit number format in which the first two digits represent the width and the later represent the length. In general, the width is being like 22 and the length is differing. Most common M.2 SSDs used are: M.2 Type (2230) – 30mm, M.2 Type (2242) – 42mm, M.2 Type (2260) – 60mm and so on.
- 2.5-Inch SSD
It is also the most commonly used type in laptops. It is in the shape of the traditional hard drives of the laptop.
- Add-in card SSD
These are having the potential to work much faster. But generally, this is being installed in desktops than laptops.
Best SSD Laptop in India
1. LG Gram 14Z990 2019 14-inch Laptop
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265U processor, quad core, 1.6GHz
- Windows 10 (64-bit) operating system
- IPS Full HD Display (1920X1080), sRGB Over 96% Color Gamut
- Memory & Storage: 8GB DDR4 RAM with integrated graphics| Storage: 256GB SSD
This compact 14-inch LG laptop is light in weight as it weighs 995 grams, thereby making it extremely portable. The fantastic features make it one of the best laptops under Rs 70,000.
The latest 8th Intel Core processor ensures superior performance while enabling smooth multitasking. This laptop comes with a dual memory to give users twice as much storage.
This laptop features a 72Wh battery to deliver remarkable power. It comes with adequate connectivity options like USB Type-C and Thunderbolt 3. Thus, the transfer of data up to 5K is possible.
2. Asus VivoBook 15
- Processor: Intel Core i3-8145U Processor 2.1 GHz (4M Cache, up to 3.9 GHz, 2 cores) Memory & Storage: 4GB DDR4 RAM, upgradable upto 12GB RAM| Storage: SATA3 256GB M.2 SSD Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Display: 15.6" (16:9) LED-backlit FHD (1920x1080) Anti-Glare with 45% NTSC| 88% Screen-to-body ratio| 178° Wide Veiwing angles Operating System: Pre-loaded Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity
- Design & Battery: 5.7mm Thin bezel | Laptop weight 1.70 kg | 37WHrs, 2S1P, 2-cell Li-ion battery, Keyboard: Full-Size Backlit Chiclet Keyboard| 1.4mm Key-travel Distance |ASUS 348mm keyboard with 19mm full size key pitch| 2° ErgoLift Hinge for a comfortable typing position along with integrated Numeric keypad
- I/O Ports : 1x 3.5mm Comba audio jack | 2x Type-A USB 2.0| 1x Type-A USB 3.1 (Gen 1)| 1x Type-C USB 3.1 (Gen 1)| 1x HDMI 1.4|1x Micro-SD card Reader.
The Asus VivoBook series of laptops have slowly been gaining popularity in the country, thanks to the great hardware it offers along with a compelling price tag. Take the Asus VivoBook 15 for example. The laptop comes with an 8th-gen i3 processor combined with 4 GB of DDR4 RAM along with a 256GB SSD storage.
All of this, packed inside a beautiful package that weighs just 1.7kg, and a price that is bound to appeal to everyone. The Asus VivoBook 15 also comes with a fingerprint sensor on the touchpad which makes use of the Windows Hello feature. Additionally, the keyboard on the device resembles the ones found on the earlier gen Macbooks and is super comfortable to type on.
3. Lenovo Ideapad 330 Intel Core i5
- 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-8250U 8th Gen processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 1TB 5400rpm hard drive
- 15.6-inch screen, NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB Graphics
Lenovo’s Ideapad lineup is quite popular thanks to the wide range of price options that it has to offer. The lineup provides value for money and has a host of specs combination depending on the user’s requirements.
This Ideapad 330 laptop runs on the quad-core Intel Core i5 8th Gen processor clocked at 1.6GHz with a boost up to 3.4GHz. We have 8GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM coupled to 1TB of storage. There is also a dedicated 2GB DDR5 graphics card in the form of NVIDIA MX150. The MX150 does not turn the Ideapad 330 into a gaming laptop however, apps like adobe photoshop will get extra juice and the graphics card makes it a decent machine for video editing as well. You can also play games at medium settings. Finally, we have Windows 10 Home operating that handles the software side of things. The Ideapad 330 also comes with a dual 1.5W speaker with support for Dolby audio. The sound output is really good and you might not feel the need for additional Bluetooth speakers.
4. Acer Aspire 5
- Processor: Intel Core i3-7020U processor, turbo up to 2.3 Ghz
- Display: 15.6" Full HD 1920 x 1080, high-brightness Acer ComfyView LED-backlit TFT LCD
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4 Ram, upgradable up to 32 GB
- Storage: 256 GB SSD
This one of the slimmest and lightweight laptops from Acer, the Aspire 5 makes it superb. This laptop was best SSD laptops available in the market, It has excellent hardware system of the laptop, the laptop can perform all of your basic tasks very easily.
5. Dell Inspiron 5570
- GHz intel i7-8550U processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM RAM
- 2TB hard drive
- 15.6-inch screen, AMD Radeon 530 Graphics 4GB Graphics
Dell Inspiron is one of the best performing laptops available in India. Though this laptop is a bit heavy to carry around, it qualifies as one of the best SSD laptops under Rs 80,000.
The 15.6-inch screen comes with an anti-glare display to enable more relaxed viewing. SmartByte technology ensures optimised streaming. The Waves MaxAudio Pro speakers delivers one of the best audio performances among laptops in this range.
The laptop comes with a new and thinner design, but its weight makes it a bit cumbersome to carry around smoothly. The metallic finish makes it an extremely attractive-looking computer.
How to Choose the Best SSD Laptop in India?
- Form factor:
It is the most important parameter one need to consider while purchasing the SSD laptop. Mainly there are three types of form factors available in the market.
The performance also plays a major role as you are investing to purchase it. IT determines how faster your computer responds to your actions. To measure the performance of SSD we can use two parameters.
- a. Frequency or speed: Expressed in Bytes/second. It means that at how much speed desk performs operations on the data we ask it to do. Among all available SSD types, the latest model is able to perform at speed of 2.5GB/s.
- b. Input/output operations per second: It indicates the number of operations the driver can perform in a second. The SSDs can perform it from a range of 50,000 to 1, 00,000 operations per second.
Capacity is measured in bytes either Gigabytes (GB) or Terabytes (TB). Based on your requirement you need to choose the capacity type. It starts from 128GB which is of lower performance and later of 250GB, 500GB. All these GB SSDs give you less space. These can be purchased by the ones who use their laptop to less extent. The space from 1TB to 4TB SSD gives you lots of space so that you can store a lot of applications and programs in the future. The TB SSDs need to be chosen by the people who work more on laptops, store lots of data, and people who do more gaming.
Total Bytes Written is the parameter that determines the lifetime of the SSD. It is measured in gigabytes. The warranty on the drive is also provided based on this factor.
- Power consumption:
Mostly the power consumption depends on the capacity of the SSD. Chose the optimum capacity SSD so that power consumption also gets optimized.
The price of the best SSD laptops in India ranges from 30,000 to 70,000. The more the price the more efficiently it works. It is advisable to buy it of the medium range which mostly suits your budget. Make sure not to compromise on other factors also.
Purchasing the best product available in the market can be done by searching and analyzing online reviews. Buy during the offer times so that you can save your money.